Two vacancies exist in the Central Maintenance Section for building maintenance functions. Reporting to the Civil Maintenance Technician, the primary purpose of these positions are to attend to all preventative, and routine general building maintenance to at Head Office and Mhlathuze Water facilities.
- Assist the Semi-skilled Builder when conducting maintenance activities related to breakdowns and routine inspections on buildings and facilities at Head Office and plants.
- Accompany the Semi-skilled Builder to various installations to perform on-site repairs and maintenance.
- Ensure compliance to Health and Safety, Environmental and Quality Standards.
- Assist with other general duties as and when required.
- A minimum of a Matric/Grade 12 with at least two years of experience in an industrial environment.
- Must be familiar with hand tools and their application.
- Basic general! knowledge of general building works and maintenance.
- The incumbent must be physically fit, and prepared to carry heavy equipment, work in confined spaces and in uncomfortable conditions.
- Must be attentive to detail, quality orientated, able to work in a team and see a task through to
- Must reside within the Richards Bay/Empangeni area so as to be available at short notice to
respond to unplanned work situations should the need arise.