An excellent opportunity exists for a mature and experienced individual to fulfil the role of Facilities Manager in the Corporate Services Department. Reporting to the GM: Corporate Services, the incumbent in this position will plan, organise, coordinate, develop and manage outsourced facilities management service providers so as to minimise the Board’s exposure to security risks and to ensure that the facilities at Head Office and MW plants are maintained and reflect a positive image of the organisation.
- Establish and implement systems for effective management and control of the organisation’s facilities
- Develop, maintain and update the Security Policy Framework in order to ensure Assets protection and
security awareness within the organization
- Ensure the provision of a comprehensive, effective and disciplined security service to the organization
- Manage and control all facility service contracts such as Security, Cleaning and Gardening services, hygiene and cleaning services, grounds and building maintenance.
- Compile budgets and control expenditure as per established policies and procedures
- Draft and submit bid documents for all service contracts.
- Conduct investigations, compile reports and present any proposals or recommendations to enhance asset protection services
- Responsible for fleet management including owned and leased vehicles.
- Responsible for the implementation of all project related to facilities management, asset protection, and fleet management.
- Establish systems and procedures to maintain grounds and buildings at various plants and buldings.
- Minimum of a National Diploma (NQF Level 6) in the Built Environment, Facilities Management or Business Administration or other relevant qualification coupled with a minimum of seven years’ experience in a similar position OR a Bachelor’s Degree (NQF Level 7) in the Built Environment, Facilities Management or Business Administration or other relevant qualification coupled with a minimum of five years’ experience in a similar position.
- Negotiation and co-ordination skills as well as strong contracts management and knowledge of relevant legislation
- Knowledge of security risks, emergency response and other security hazards in the workplace. Must have experience in facilities and fleet management, health and hygiene services, grounds and building maintenance as well as disaster management response and business continuity plans.
- Negotiation and co-ordination skills.
- Must be able to manage multiple contracts simultaneously, and manage and control budgets and expenditure over multiple years.
- Report writing, conflict management and supervisory skills.
Applications for the above position, including a comprehensive curriculum vitae, copies of qualifications, proof of identification and details of recent contactable referees, must be sent to the HR Officer, at Mhlathuze Water, Private Bag X1047, RICHARDS BAY, 3900, via e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org or via online application on the Mhlathuze water website: www.mhlathuze.co.za by no later than 16h00, on the 29 May 2020 quoting the reference as indicated. Coloured and White persons and females are encouraged to apply.