GENERAL MANAGER: OPERATIONS
Mhlathuze Water seeks to appoint a highly qualified and well experienced professional to fulfill the role of: General Manager: Operations on a five year performance based contract. Reporting to the Chief Executive, the incumbent in this position will strategically manage the Operations Department that includes oversight of water and waste water service delivery and routine and preventative maintenance of infrastructure in order to contribute to the successful operation and constant improvement of Mhlathuze Water services.
- Provide leadership in determining and implementing the organisation’s operations and maintenance strategies to ensure continuous provision of water and related services. Manage and lead the operations and maintenance department to meet the organisation’s objectives.
- Ensure the contractual obligations are met with all customers in terms of water quality and quantity.
- Assess and motivate maintenance and capital improvements to support long term developments
- Ensure the efficient long term effluent disposal system is operational with minimal environmental impact.
- High level engagements with customers regarding current and future business opportunities.
- Ensure legal and environmental compliance in operations and maintenance activities
- Research and recommend new programs and services for implementation.
- Oversight over the Occupational Health and Safety section and ensure all regulatory requirements are met.
- Assume responsibility for the General Machinery Regulations Subsection 2 (1) legal appointment as per Health and Safety legislative requirements.
- General management and leadership of the section including performance management, training and development, recruitment, planning, budgets and the promotion of teamwork.
- Bachelor of Science (NQF7) in Chemical Engineering or Mechanical Engineering with a minimum of 8 years’ experience relevant to this position of which at least three years must have been at Executive Management level OR National Diploma (NQF6) in Chemical Engineering or Mechanical Engineering with a minimum of 10 years’ experience relevant to this position of which at least three years must have been at Executive Management level.
- A Government Certificate of Competence is essential whilst registration with ECSA as a Professional Engineer or Professional Technologist will be advantageous.
- Knowledge of infrastructure maintenance, operations is essential and water distribution systems will be advantageous.
- Good understanding of engineering principles and knowledge of the planning and implementation of operations and maintenance projects, finance and tariff structures.
- Strong leadership, planning and organisational skills, and able to handle multiple priorities.
Applications for the above position, including a comprehensive curriculum vitae, copies of qualifications, proof of identification and details of recent contactable referees, must be sent to the HR Officer, at Mhlathuze Water, Private Bag X1047, RICHARDS BAY, 3900, via e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org or via online application on the Mhlathuze water website: www.mhlathuze.co.za by no later than 16h00, on the 29 May 2020 quoting the reference as indicated. Coloured and White persons and females are encouraged to apply.
- Excellent interpersonal skills, communication, public speaking, presentation skills, customer service orientation, analytical skills and the ability to pay attention to detail.
- Ability to manage staff, build working relationships and motivate teams of people.
- Good understanding of the legislation applicable to Public Institutions, Occupational Health and Safety, Environment and Labour.
- Must be computer literate and proficient in the use of typical operations and maintenance software packages.
- Code B Driver’s licence.