GENERAL MANAGER: TECHNICAL SERVICES
Mhlathuze Water seeks to appoint a highly qualified and well experienced professional to fulfill the role of General Manager: Technical Services on a five year performance based contract. Reporting to the Chief Executive, the incumbent in this position will strategically manage the planning and implementation of infrastructure for water and related services, in order to contribute to the successful delivery and constant improvement of Mhlathuze Water services.
- Conceptualise, plan and optimise resources and infrastructure for water and related services.
- Provide technical specialised support to management in evaluating the effectiveness and efficiency of proposed engineering designs and Capital Projects.
- Assess the increase in demand, change in technology and the amalgamation of existing bulk water service systems to timeously plan and execute feasibility studies for new projects, or possible expansion or upgrades to existing infrastructure. Monitor budget estimates, projected cash flows and the overall Capital expenditure on projects. Monitor progress on the turnaround strategies for projects and the enhancement of cost effective services as targeted by the Board.
- Contribute towards water services development plans of new and existing customers.
- General management and leadership of the Technical Services Department including performance management, training and development, recruitment, planning, budgets and the promotion of teamwork.
- Bachelor of Science or Engineering Degree (NQF Level 7) in Civil or Built Environment qualification with a minimum of 8 years’ experience relevant to this position of which at least three years must have been at Executive Management level OR National Diploma (NQF6) in Civil or Built Environment Qualification with a minimum of 10 years’ experience relevant to this position of which at least three years must have been at Executive Management level
- Professional Registration with a relevant Built Environment Body is essential.
- A post graduate business management qualification and experience relevant to the water sector will be advantageous.
- Strong leadership, planning and organisational skills, and able to handle multiple disciplines.
- A strong background in asset and infrastructure management. Sound knowledge of the planning
and implementation of Engineering Projects, Budgets, Financial management and tariff structures. Good understanding of the legislation applicable to Public Institutions, Occupational Health and Safety, Environment and Labour. Advance computer literacy and exceptional communication and presentation skills.
- Valid Driver’s licence.
Applications for the above position, including a comprehensive curriculum vitae, copies of qualifications, proof of identification and details of recent contactable referees, must be sent to the HR Officer, at Mhlathuze Water, Private Bag X1047, RICHARDS BAY, 3900, via e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org or via online application on the Mhlathuze water website: www.mhlathuze.co.za by no later than 16h00, on the 29 May 2020 quoting the reference as indicated. Coloured and White persons and females are encouraged to apply.