MAINTENANCE SEMI-SKILLED BUILDER
Two vacancies exist in the Central Maintenance Section for building maintenance functions. Reporting to the Civil Maintenance Technician, the primary purpose of these positions are to attend to all preventative, and routine general building maintenance to at Head Office and Mhlathuze Water facilities.
- Conduct regular inspections of all buildings so as to identify defects for repairs or maintenance.
- Painting of surfaces such as walls, roofs, columns etc
- Bricklaying and plastering of minor structures as and when required.
- Repairs to roofing including replacement of roofing sheets
- Conduct carpentry works on doors, windows, and furniture
- Construction of new masonry walls, columns and beams were deemed necessary
- Compile reports on the state of buildings and maintenance for review of the Supervisor
- Repairing of defects on concrete/masonry chambers on Mhlathuze Water pipelines
- Supervision of staff and ensure Health and Safety compliance of the team allocated to Building Maintenance.
- Ensure that all work is conducted in terms of company policy and applicable legislation.
- A minimum of a Matric/Grade 12 and an N6 Certificate (NQF Level 5) in Building/Bricklaying/Civil Construction.
- A minimum of five years of experience in building or construction industry.
- Competence in carrying out general building maintenance and repair work including bricklaying, concrete work, plastering, painting and basic carpentry.
- Supervisory skills, as well as verbal and written communication skills.
- The incumbent must be physically fit, and prepared to carry heavy equipment, work in confined spaces and in uncomfortable conditions.
- Must be attentive to detail, quality orientated, able to work in a team and see a task through to completion.
- Must reside within the Richards Bay/Empangeni area so as to be available at short notice to respond to unplanned work situations should the need arise.
- Valid Drivers Licence
Applications for the above position, including a comprehensive curriculum vitae, copies of qualifications, proof of identification, driver’s licence and details of recent contactable referees, must be sent to the HR Officer, Mhlathuze Water, Private Bag X1047, Richards Bay 3900, or email: firstname.lastname@example.org or submit your online application on the careers section of our website: www.mhlathuze.co.za quoting the reference number as indicated by the close of business on the 27 November 2020. Qualifying Coloured and White persons are encouraged to apply.