An excellent opportunity exists for an enthusiastic and results driven individual to fulfil the role of: Payables
Administrator in our Finance Department at our head office in Richards Bay. The incumbent will report to the
Payables Supervisor and will maintain accurate supplier details and ensure suppliers are paid timeously.
- Maintain and administer trade and sundry payables:
- ensuring only approved suppliers are used according to MW policies and procedures
- resolving account-related problems and settlement of disputes
- preparing accurate coding of invoices to the correct dimensions
- ensuring supplier banking details are correct prior to making payments
- Process payables’ invoices, credit notes and journals on a daily basis
- Reconciliation of all payables on a monthly basis
- Control and review water charges and levies through liaison with the Department of Water and Sanitation to ensure accuracy of payments
- Ensure proper records management for all payments made
- Ensure payment of payables within set performance targets
- Perform on the job training of an intern allocated to the Payables section
- Matric plus National Diploma (NQF Level 6) in Finance/Accounting or equivalent relevant qualification.
- A minimum of three years’ financial experience in accounts payables.
- Microsoft package, ERP System experience and an advanced understanding of GRAP, PFMA and Treasury Regulations.
- Good customer service orientation, conflict management and problem solving skills.
- Attention to detail and the ability to perform under tight deadlines.
- Quality orientation and good follow-up skills as well as the ability to share productive working relations with internal and external customers.
- Ability to maintain a good working relationship with suppliers.
Applications for the above position, including a comprehensive curriculum vitae, copies of qualifications, proof
of identification, driver’s license and details of recent contactable referees, must be sent to the HR Officer, Mhlathuze Water, Private Bag X1047, Richards Bay 3900, or email: email@example.com or submit your online application on the careers section of our website: www.mhlathuze.co.za quoting the reference number as indicated by the close of business on the 5 March 2021.
Qualifying Coloured and White persons are encouraged to apply.