PLANNING & DEVELOPMENT ENGINEER
An excellent opportunity exists for an experienced professional to fulfil the roles of: Planning &
Development Engineer, at our Head Office in Alton, Richards Bay. The overall purpose of this job is to
undertake planning of infrastructure, compile and evaluate business plans, manage consultants
throughout feasibility and design stage by using sound judgement and technical expertise.
- Planning and Development of Infrastructure
- Conducting pre-feasibility studies and research so as to determine the need for projects.
- Prepare, interpret, review and approve feasibility studies, design reports and drawings.
- Management of projects under the planning stage.
- Preparation of tender documents for the appointment of service providers required by the Planning Section.
- Review drawings, GIS data and in-house designs.
- Manage administration for the section in terms of record keeping.
- Monitoring and supporting compliance for the Planning section.
- Bachelor’s Degree (NQF Level 7) in Civil Engineering Degree with minimum 5 years’ relevant
planning and development experience.
- Project Planning experience in a water services environment will be advantageous.
- Registration with ECSA as a Professional Engineer or Professional Technologist is required.
• Proficiency in the simultaneous planning of large and small engineering projects.
• Well-developed skills in management, negotiation and conflict resolution.
• Computer literate, proficiency in MS Office, MS Project, ability to utilise design related software.
• Excellent report writing skills.
• Public Sector Procurement experience and understanding of applicable legislature.
• Conflict resolution and negotiation skills, and the ability to supervise and motivate staff.
• Able to work well under pressure and to tight deadlines
• Valid Code B Driver’s licence.
Applications for the above position, including a comprehensive curriculum vitae, copies of qualifications,
proof of identification, driver’s license and details of recent contactable referees, must be sent to the HR
Officer, Mhlathuze Water, Private Bag X1047, Richards Bay 3900, or email: firstname.lastname@example.org
or submit your online application on the careers section of our website: www.mhlathuze.co.za quoting
the reference number as indicated by the close of business on the 5 March 2021.
Qualifying Coloured and White persons are encouraged to apply.