An excellent opportunity exists for an experienced professional to fulfil the role of: Project Manager, on a fixed term contract basis of four years, at our Head Office in Alton, Richards Bay. The overall purpose of this job is to plan and manage all aspects relating to Projects in terms of the Project Management cycle indicators.
- Plan and manage projects undertaken by Mhlathuze Water.
- Ensure that all bid processes are followed in terms of the appointment of service providers.
- Responsible for budget estimates, establishment of project budget and projected cash flow.
- Ensure responsible and appropriate expenditure of budgeted funds during project life cycle.
- Liaise with all project team members, role players and stakeholders involved with the project.
- Approve accounts and reports submitted by the service providers contracted to the project.
- Report on project progress against key performance areas
- Compile comprehensive terms of reference for service providers
- Assist with the development of departmental guidelines, policies and procedures.
- Bachelor’s Degree (NQF Level 7) in Civil Engineering:
- Candidates with a Bachelor of Science or Bachelor of Engineering Degree must have a minimum of
5 years’ relevant Project Management experience and Candidates with a Bachelor of Technology Engineering (Civil) must have a minimum of 7 years’ relevant Project Management experience.
- Project Management in the Water Sector will be advantageous
- Professional Registration with Prince 2 or the Project Management Institute (PMI) or the South African
Council for Project and Construction Management (SACPCM) will be advantageous.
- Proficiency in the simultaneous management of many projects
- Public Sector procurement experience and understanding of applicable legislation.
- Excellent report writing skills and the use of technology and people management
- Conflict resolution, contracts management and negotiation skills
- Computer literate, proficient in the use of MS Office
- Able to work well under pressure and to tight deadlines
- Ability to drive long distances and in rough terrain.
- Excellent financial acumen and the ability to manage project budgets and expenditure.
- Code B Driver’s licence.
Applications for the above position, including a comprehensive curriculum vitae, copies of qualifications, proof of identification, driver’s license and details of recent contactable referees, must be sent to the HR Officer, Mhlathuze Water, Private Bag X1047, Richards Bay 3900, or email: firstname.lastname@example.org or submit your online application on the careers section of our website: www.mhlathuze.co.za quoting the reference number as indicated by the close of business on the 5 March 2021.
Qualifying Coloured and White persons are encouraged to apply.