RISK MANAGEMENT SPECIALIST
Mhlathuze Water seeks to appoint a well experienced and enthusiastic individual to fulfill the role of: Risk Management Specialist, based at our Head Office in Alton, Richards Bay. Reporting to the Risk Manager, the incumbent in this position will provide specialist expertise in identifying and managing all risks to Mhlathuze Water business activities.
- Assist in the development and implementation of Risk Management and loss control policies, programs and guidelines
- Conduct periodic on-site inspections of Mhlathuze Water property and facilities to identify hazards and exposure to risks.
- Perform an enterprise risk assessment, by identifying and analysing current and potential risks. Assist in developing risk mitigation strategies and the monitoring thereof.
- Build risk awareness amongst employees by providing support, training and workshops.
- Assist in the review of the accident, damage of loss claims notification procedures; investigation and analysis as well as loss control and risk financing procedures.
- Review internal controls, risk management policies and procedures to ensure compliance with applicable legislative requirements, policies, procedures and sound business practices.
- Assist in the review of the Business Continuity Plan and policy.
- Report insurance claims timeously, conduct regular follow-ups and maintain records of insurance claims and policies.
- Compile and present reports to the various structures in the organization on the status and progress of risk management within the organization.
- Matric with a Bachelor’s Degree (NQF Level 7) in Enterprise Risk Management, Accounting, Business Management, Internal Auditing, Engineering or related field OR A National Diploma (NQF Level 6) in Enterprise Risk Management, Accounting, Business Management, Internal Auditing, Engineering or related field.
- For candidates with a Bachelor’s Degree (NQF Level 7) – a minimum of 5 years relevant experience at the required level, preferably in a Public Sector environment OR
- For candidates with a National Diploma (NQF Level 6) – a minimum of 7 years relevant experience at the required level, preferably in a Public Sector environment.
- MS Office, and knowledge of key business functions.
- Sound knowledge of relevant legislative framework eg. PFMA, BBBEE, and Enterprise Risk Management principles, philosophy and regulatory framework.
- Ability to apply discretion in handling confidential information, maintain independence, integrity ethics and objectivity. Strong analytical, written/verbal communication, interpersonal, and presentation as well as facilitation experience. Ability to adapt to change quickly and multi-task.
- Valid Driver’s Licence
Applications for the above position, including a comprehensive curriculum vitae, copies of qualifications, proof of identification and details of recent contactable referees, must be sent to the HR Officer, at Mhlathuze Water, Private Bag X1047, RICHARDS BAY, 3900, via e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org or via online application on the Mhlathuze water website: www.mhlathuze.co.za by no later than 16h00, on the 27 November 2020 quoting the reference as indicated. Coloured and White persons and females are encouraged to apply.
Mhlathuze Water reserves the right not to make an appointment to the post as advertised. The appointment will be made in line with the requirements of our employment equity plan. Correspondence will be limited to short-listed candidates only.
If you have not been contacted within 30days of the closing date, please accept that your application was not successful. Mhlathuze Water would never require job seekers to ay money to any persons when applying for jobs at Mhlathuze Water.