SUPPLY CHAIN QUALITY CONTROLLER
An opportunity has arisen for a technically grounded individual who will join a dynamic team in the Supply Chain Management section as a Supply Chain Quality Controller. The position is responsible for quality control in respect of goods received as well as to provide technical support the Inventory Management unit that is based at our Head Office in Alton, Richards Bay.
- Assist in the binning of strategic stock items and conduct cycle counts on stock including strategic stock, obsolete stock and disposed assets
- Co-ordination of the auction process for obsolete stock and disposed assets
- Perform technical inspection and quality control on all repaired and refurbished strategic stock before binning
- Conduct condition assessment of all strategic, refurbished and rotable spares to ensure they are in acceptable condition for operational use
- Perform a re-evaluation exercise on stock to prevent overstatement on inventory
- Assist in determining the purchasing needs in relation to strategic stock and maintenance consumables
- Liaison with suppliers, document and follow up on all strategic/rotable spares and assets sent for stripping, quoting and repairs
- Regular engagements with end users regarding the availability of operations and maintenance critical stock, and spares for planned or emergency repair work
- Ensure proper records management within Stores
- Matric and a minimum of a National Diploma (NQF Level 6) in Mechanical or Electrical Engineering or a Trade Test as a Fitter or Electrician.
- A minimum of 1 year hands on work experience in plant and infrastructure maintenance comprising mechanical and electrical exposure.
- Logistics/Inventory management experience, assets and strategic spares condition assessment experience will be advantageous.
- Valid code B driver’s license.
- PC Literate — MS Office and 4-ton Forklift licence is preferred.
- Strong verbal and written communication and administration skills.
- Highly organized with efficient report writing skills.
- Interpersonal skills and the ability to communicate well at all levels.
- Ability to work well under pressure, and the ability to pay attention to detail and results driven.
- A very high level of confidentiality, honesty and integrity is necessary.
Applications for the above position, including a comprehensive curriculum vitae, copies of qualifications, proof of identification, driver’s licence and details of recent contactable referees, must be sent to the HR Officer, Mhlathuze Water, Private Bag X1047, Richards Bay 3900, or email: firstname.lastname@example.org or submit your online application on the careers section of our website: www.mhlathuze.co.za quoting the reference number as indicated by the close of business on the 27 November 2020. Qualifying Coloured and White persons are encouraged to apply.